Friday, August 20, 2010

"Manhattan Bridge"

"Manhattan Bridge"

This photo is unique on several levels.  Firstly, it's a shot almost impossible to garner - there is no middle walkway - or anywhere to stand - to ensure a picture can be taken on this bridge.  As it turns out, I was driving across on our way to Atlantic City on an 85 degree day in the middle of October, 2008.  Traffic was backed up on a bridge that NEVER (or rarely) has any sort of issue.  Not only that, but the cloud cover was perfect to me - nebulous and puffy which turned ominous with a little help from Photoshop.  So happens my camera was handy, grabbed it and leaned outside the drivers side window and shot this.  This image, turned out to be my top seller to date.

Yale Gurney

1 comment:

  1. It has to be your top seller... this picture I bought on gliclee canvas from overstock and it is beautiful. I wish I could aford the real thing with signature... :) Keep them coming Yale.. you have a great eye!

    ReplyDelete